Monday, February 22, 2021

New 5e Book to be Announced 2/23/21

 Of course, no one will probably have read this by the time the book is announced, but it is looking like a Ravenloft book.  I want to be honest, that takes me a little by surprise because I was expecting an announcement of a setting for either another Magic crossover (I suppose it still could be), or Dragonlance because of the new novels, and the fact that it is Dragonlace.

Newest Unearthed Arcana from Wizards is Gothic character stuff, so Ravenloft makes a ton of sense, but I feel like an expanded Ravenloft campaign setting would be sort of a twist right now for Wizards.  Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining if 5e puts out more Domains of Dread.  

Of course, we will all know this time tomorrow, so let's see how far I was off.  

Speaking of campaign settings, I always like to discuss older ones that should be brought back, especially since 5e has been pacing themselves with this edition.  Are there any you want to see, or you would be surprised to see?  My wish list is Dragonlance, Planescape, and Greyhawk.  I also want to see Spelljammer, which is sort of funny because I thought it was lame back during 2e.  Turns out, I was the one who was lame as an adolescent, and Spelljammer really took the game in an entirely new direction that I just didn't want to see way back when, but that is a post for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Update!

 I have been busy as shit with work, running two games, and playing in a game.  Oh, I have also been working on some content.  Last post I m...